What’s all this talk about CertiPUR-US®? And why should I care about it?
When it comes to buying a memory foam mattress there are many factors to consider. Some of these factors may include what your mattress is composed of, are there any foreign chemicals in the mattress, is this safe to sleep on? When researching memory foam mattresses you may come across this interesting certification known as CertiPUR-US®. So what does this certification stand for?
Rest assured, we will be happy to share with you that it gave much comfort in knowing that the foam in a mattress has this certification. What it means is that it refers to a certification process that allows consumers to purchase foam products such as mattresses and other home furnishings that contain flexible polyurethane foam that is tested and certified for these following things:
- Made without heavy metals (including mercury and lead)
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without PBDE (Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers), TDCPP or TCEP (“Tris”) flame retardants
- Low Volatile Organic Compounds (less than 0.5 parts per million)
Checking for the CertiPUR-US® certification can help to keep your family from being exposed to chemicals of concern. Know that when you look at a Live and Sleep® mattress you will see our foams have gone through this certification and will help to give you a piece of mind In the end, when you see CertiPUR-US® certification, know that you and your family can get a more comfortable night’s sleep – in every sense of the word.